Sunday, February 2, 2014
Wake Up Call
I cannot remember the last time I weighed myself. I have no idea how much I weigh. I have just been letting it go since I do not go to the gym any longer (where I use the scale). It hurts to workout. I wish I had been more diligent to journal here or even at all. I have really been lost in all this and have gone no where, continuing to learn more but not taking action. How many times do I have to re-learn what I already know before I will take up the practices necessary to get well? I guess the pain has not been severe enough to make me take it more seriously or Advil and Aleve help enough that it makes me forget what I need to be doing to get well. I am determined that the RA is not the worst of my problems. My feet and hands are not completely stiff when I wake up each morning any longer. Now the worst of it are my arms. I wake many times in the night from arm pain, whether I am on my back or sides. I believe it is due to clogged lymph glands. Other recent symptoms include knee pain on a semi-regular basis, ankle pain, foot pain, each alternating between legs. My right foot feels as though my arch fell. I have strange bumps that have formed on the back of each heel. My toes are growing more crooked. My hands never cease to hurt. The fingers on my right hand need help to bend. When I point with my index finder they do not straighten out all the way. I no longer have full flexibility in my wrists either. I have gained some strength back in my arms and legs due to lifting babies at work. Most tasks prove extremely difficult but I insist on doing them unless it is impossible after several attempts, like opening a water bottle, then I will ask for help. It is not about weight loss for me anymore, that would just be an added benefit, well I guess good health was always my aim but now it is getting serious! It is clear to me I am not well and it is not a fleeting bout of arthritis or clogged lymph that will go away with one lymphatic drainage massage. I need lifestyle changes and fast! Or else......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment