In December I obtained medical insurance and visited a Rheumatologist, Physical Therapist, Dermatologist and I am still working my way down the list. One thing at a time. I was tested for Rheumatoid Arthritis and the results for the RA were "off the charts" as the doc explained. He put me on Metheltrexate which is a chemo drug, therefore I do not want to be on it, but it has helped a little from what I can tell. Before I began taking it I had done a seven day fast with mostly water but did drink some "Mean Green Machine" juice (Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead) After the third day I had practically NO pain! Which tells us that the fasting reduced the inflammation which is the culprit for all my pain and stiffness. I still need the medication for now because my numbers are too high and because I am lacking self-control to stay away from inflammatory foods.
I knew that inflammation due to Leaky Gut Syndrome was the cause of my arthritis so why did I/do I not heal my gut and be done with Arthritis? I am still trying to figure that one out. I guess there is a difference between knowing and knowing with conviction.
I had come across Barbara Allen's book Conquering Arthritis a long time ago while searching for recipes for non-dairy probiotics online. She cured herself of Arthritis by healing her gut. I knew/know I can too but I am still working on it.
Meanwhile, I have many other health concerns which need addressing which involve skin cancer surgeries, dentistry, and gynecology (yuck!). I did some Physical Therapy which helped tons. Plus, continuing to force myself to work at my very physical job has helped to increase my strength and flexibility.
Thursday, April 9, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment