Thursday, November 26, 2009
Fasting
Since surrendering my life to Christ I have participated in fasting on occassions like on the national day of prayer. On other occassions I have fasted for health reasons. On those occassions I struggled with feelings of guilt because I thought I should be fasting and praying out of dedication to God. While fasting is beneficial for our health it is also pleasing to the Lord. I now realize there should be no question in my mind about it; whether I am fasting for physical health or spiritual health, God created our bodies as whole systems. If one aspect is unhealthy the whole body is unhealthy: physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally. From now on, whether I am fasting to focus on God or to gain a better digestive system, I will not be touched by guilt! I will do it all to the glory of God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment